Tuesday, December 29, 2009

To Be Read/Teaser Tuesday

To Be Read Tuesday




What books do I have on my to be read list? Many. :)






But Graceling by Kristin Cashore is probably the most popular out of all of them. I've heard tons about this book, and yet for some reason I haven't read it yet. For those of you who, like me, haven't gotten around to reading it yet, or perhaps haven't heard of it, here's the summary.

Summary

In the world of the Seven Kingdoms, a few people are born with Graces -- talents beyond the ordinary. At age 8, Katsa discovers what hers is: killing. Trained by her uncle, the king, to be his enforcer, Katsa also secretly forms The Council, a group dedicated to helping the helpless. But when she rescues an old man who has been kidnapped by a neighboring king, Katsa meets a man who is nearly her match in fighting, and discovers a mystery that threatens all of the kingdoms.


So it sounds pretty interesting. With luck we should see this in on of my "It's Monday, what are you Reading?" posts in weeks to come.


Teaser Tuesday

It's a fairly simple, fun activity I got from Should Be Reading's blog. :) Simply,

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teasers this week are from one of my many current books. :) This one happens to be from The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan. This books is the first on a series called The 39 Clues, all written by different authors and directed for a younger audience, but still fun. :)

" "Does it seem odd to you that we happened to find Irina Spasky out of ten millionpeople in Paris?"

"Maybe the other 9.99 million aren't wearing bright red scarves!" " -pg. 126



That's all for now. I may not be able to post again until Saturday, but I will try. I'm going on vacation tommorow and won't be back until January 2nd. Hopefully I'll be able to get internet connection, but we'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment