Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Monday, what are you reading?


Hi all! I got this idea from a fellow blogger, with many reading challenges. If you'd like to participate here's a link:

http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/2009/12/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_28.html

And now on with my own post. :)

Books Completed Last Week:

None. I know, I know. It's not that I haven't been reading, I've just been reading 4 books at once, and haven't exactly completed any of them. It's also hard to do this as it's my very first post and I haven't been keeping track of them very well. I'll do better next Monday, I promise. :)

Books I gave up on:

Also none! But this time that's a good thing. Go me! :)

Books I Am Currently Reading:


The Storyteller's Daughter by Cameron Dokey: It's a retelling of Arabian Nights, part of the Once Upon a Time series. I barely started it, but so far I do like it, it's interesting. :)


http://www.amazon.com/Storytellers-Daughter-Retelling-Arabian-Nights/dp/1416937765/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262037124&sr=8-1


The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan: Part of The 39 Clues series. Each book is written by a different author. Too soon to tell for sure, but so far I really like the book. It's written for a younger audience, but at 16 I definitely like it. It's a good story, so I like it.


http://www.amazon.com/39-Clues-Book-Maze-Bones/dp/0545060397/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262037642&sr=1-1


Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast: I'm rereading the House of Night series, because I want to refresh myself before reading Tempted. I definitely like this series, even if I am starting to get tired of hearing vampire stories. It's an interesting series and I've always liked P.C. Cast's books anyway.


http://www.amazon.com/Betrayed-House-Night-Novel-Novels/dp/0312596294/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262037754&sr=1-1


The Scarlet letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne: We're reading this in my Junior English class. I've actually already read it, years ago. It's a good book if you can put up with the writing style, which I can. :) Always read the classics, they're good for you. ;)


http://www.amazon.com/Scarlet-Letter-Nathaniel-Hawthorne/dp/1442140712/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262037859&sr=1-1


The Giver by Lois Lowry: Amazing. I'm about halfway through it. I can't believe I've never read this before! It's about a boy in a very controlling society who is chosen to receive all the memories of the past. It may not sound that great, at least not when I describe it, but it's excellent. I love it. :)


http://www.amazon.com/Giver-Lois-Lowry/dp/0440237688/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262037948&sr=1-1


Up Next:


One False Note (39 Clues, Book 2) by Gordon Korman


City of Bones (Mortal Instrumments, Book 1) by Cassandra Clare


Chosen (House of NIght, Book 3) by P.C. Cast and Kristine Cast


Gone (Book 1) by Michael Grant

2 comments:

  1. I love The Giver, I can't believe you are reading 4 very different books at one time. How do keep it all straight. I am not a fan of the House of Night series, but we can't all like everything. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very carefully. ^_^

    No, but really, it's crazy. I just keep nooks in different parts of my house, my car, etc. Then I pick up whatever I happen to be near at the time.

    I like the House of Night series because I love P.C. Cast. I prefer her other books, but these are okay. Honestly, I'm getting tired of reading vampire books though.

    Anyway, thank you very much for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete